Monday, February 8, 2010

Is there any way to stop the 'Click to run an ActiveX control' prompt?

My browser only started this recently, and I'd like to know how to stop it. I tried tweaking the Security controls under Internet Options, but that still didn't work.Is there any way to stop the 'Click to run an ActiveX control' prompt?
That's due to a security patch recently deployed by Microsoft. You could remove the security patch, but I would not recommend it.





There is supposed to be an update later this month or next month that may fix that behavior without rolling back the security fix.Is there any way to stop the 'Click to run an ActiveX control' prompt?
try reinstalling ie
lol I was going to suggest what you just mentioned ....





when you did that, did you remember to click Apply and OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment