Saturday, February 6, 2010

How do I get rid of ';Click to run an ActiveX Control on this page'; messages when viewing some web sites?

How do I get rid of the annoying ';Click to run an ActiveX Control on this page'; messages I see when I view some web sites under Internet Explorer? This is an intermittment problem I've had with some web sites, but not others.How do I get rid of ';Click to run an ActiveX Control on this page'; messages when viewing some web sites?
Unless you are sure of the website do NOT download activeX controls as it gives the author permission to spy.


Microsoft update use it to check what needs updating on your machine, but a better example is Panda Softwares active-virus scan (a very good programme) but it does go through your entire machine checking every file.


You can turn activeX off from your internet options ';advanced'; section, just remember that occasionally you do need it. My advice would be to use a differnent browser (Firefox, Opera) which is a far more secure way of surfing the web.How do I get rid of ';Click to run an ActiveX Control on this page'; messages when viewing some web sites?
activeX controls are nothing but some missing components in your browser. if u come up with situation, try to install those missing components. u never get that message again.
microsoft reacted to the eolas patent, that's why you get the 'click...........'





what you do is edit your html, (usually one line of script to point to a .js file)...this then runs(the .js) and gets rid of the 'click to activate'





http://www.informit.com/discussion/index鈥?/a>





if you search there are a few online fixes as well :)
the best and the easiest way is to download and install activeX from www.adobe.com
I dont think you can, it always comes up on my computer when I go onto some sites...I think it protects the computer or something so I would just leave it!

No comments:

Post a Comment