Monday, February 8, 2010

How do I stop pop up: ';click to run activeX control on this page'; from closing my IE?

Everytime i browse a certain page, Myspace especially, this messege will show up. If i click OK or if i just close the box it says there was an error on my IE and closes it. Its not my pop-up blocker and no window ever shows up for me to download any ActiveX controller.How do I stop pop up: ';click to run activeX control on this page'; from closing my IE?
Sounds like you have some sort of spyware attached to the browser. I suggest scanning your whole computer for spyware in safe mode. Then, if you still have problems, try removing internet explorer and then reinstalling it.How do I stop pop up: ';click to run activeX control on this page'; from closing my IE?
When you click a link and that bar at the top comes up just press Ctrl and then click the link and it should open correctly.
Certain websites will require you to install an ActiveX control to view the content - usually multimedia and interactivity. Myspace is one such website because of its multimedia rich nature.





You'll need to install the ActiveX control only once for every such site.





Be warned though - that you should install ActiveX controls ONLY from trusted sites. Alot of malicious code can be executed on your PC if you are not careful enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment