Monday, February 8, 2010

ActiveX Control?

I went to Youtube and they said I needed the newest version of Adobe Flash Player. So I went there and started to download it but it came up with this:


http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/鈥?/a>


The gold bar comes up, but it says: To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has stopped this site from downloading an ActiveX control on your computer.


When I click for options, I press Install ActiveX control, but it comes up with this:


I t has a problem with the file, it's name is ultrashim.cab and it's from an unknown publisher. It says it has an unknown signiture that verifies it's publisher.





What can I do to solve this and download it. I tried taking off the firewall and pop up blocker. I'm just stuck right now.ActiveX Control?
Type the Adobe URL directly into the Location Bar in your Internet Explorer Browser. The file you listed is not normally present at Adobe's FlashPlayer download site. You may need Shockwave Player and/or FlashPlayer for You Tube videos. The Adobe URL you list is correct. To get the download to work, go to the Adobe Download Site and add that site to your IE Trusted Sites list. That always works for me.





If that other file still tries to download, run at least two anti-spyware programs in Windows Safe Mode. If any spyware shows up, run the program in Safe Mode again, until nothing further shows up. You may have a problem with your browser being hijacked, which is why you need to check out your computer for spyware. Spyware infections are common when you visit You Tube, so get a program which has active browser protections. You may have to pay for this.ActiveX Control?
Thats the crap they have with myspace, but when you download it, it still doesnt work.
  • skin problems
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment