Friday, February 12, 2010

How come every time i try to install ACTIVEX control Norton internet security gives me and error? ...?

';i install it and it says ';/officenav'; is not a valid command-line switch.





click here to go to symantec technical support knowledge base...





3019,3';





what did i do wrong? i need activex control for about everything!How come every time i try to install ACTIVEX control Norton internet security gives me and error? ...?
Hi, I am using ';Symantec.Antivirus.Corporate.Edition.v1鈥?from the past 4 months. I am familiar about this Anti Virus Software near about one %26amp; half years. I fully support this software for beter protecting against the computer viruses. You know we can get many free online shearched Anti Virus Softwares; where you have to face lots of problem. Besides, thease are not fully secured. Ok, here the fact is Norton (Product = Symantec.Antivirus.Corporate.Edition.v10鈥?recognise this type of softwares (Active X) as any virus or system file damageable programme and automatically it block to run the desired softwares to install in your PC. Here I can provide you two possible solution for you___





*** You can update the soft via online supported automatic option. So it will update %26amp; automatically dismis all of it's bugs. Then try to install.





*** If you are not able to run the desired soft to install in your PC, then follow as below_____





1) First you check the 'Driver Sining' option.


2) You disable auto protection option of your Norton Soft.


3) Uninstall the software for the time being required to install your desired software.








N.B: If you feel uneasy and face any sequrity on the site to update your soft, you can inform me soon.How come every time i try to install ACTIVEX control Norton internet security gives me and error? ...?
Norton is one of the worse progs i've ever seen , your better of getting a free anti virus , there's plenty around on the net like avg etc
This is probably not what you are going to want to hear, but I have lost total respect for Norton. I have always used Norton, but I installed the latest NIS 2008 and it basically ruined my computer. I had many things like what you described happen, not to mention that my computers performance went to the pot. My computer is fairly new and definitely met all of the minimum system requirements. I tried everything. Turning off features, everything. No help. I contacted their customer support via email. They said they would get back to me in 96 hours (no joke). After a week and a half, I got a canned email saying their support center had been hit with a lot of emails and that I should just try the stuff on their website, which was of no help what so ever. They said they were closing the case unless I said otherwise. I emailed them back immediately and said don't close the case and I have still not heard back from them to this day. My suggestion is to uninstall it, which is a trick because the uninstall doesn't get rid of everything. You have to download a special tool to get rid of everything. Once its gone, get a refund. You should go to cnet and read all of the bad reviews. They are very similar to this.





I am almost convinced that the stuff is a virus. I'll never buy norton again.
Norton sees the activex control as aspyware or a virus. Turn off norton when installing.
1 Start Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall.


2 Double-click Personal Firewall.


3 On the Firewall tab, click Default Level.


The slider is reset to Medium, which is the recommended setting. If you want to change the default security level, then click Custom Level, but do not change any settings for ActiveX controls.


4 Click OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment