Monday, February 8, 2010

How do I create a list for my ActiveX control drop down list for MS Excel. Instructions not clear or intuitive

My ActiveX control drop down list is blank! I want to add items to choose from and I cant choose a cell or range of cells like a normal drop down list. Where on properties can I define the list or range of cells so I can have them display when I hit the drop button. Again, this is an ActiveX control and not the normal drop down menu in excel. I want the Active X Control for a Form I'm makingHow do I create a list for my ActiveX control drop down list for MS Excel. Instructions not clear or intuitive
What is what you mean by ActiveX control?


In Excel you have two drop-down lists:


1- the one that you create it from View %26gt; Toolbars %26gt; Forms


This one is easy to assign a range to it using ';properties %26gt; control';


2- the one that you create it from View %26gt; Toolbars %26gt; Control Toolbox.


This one is the same as the one in VBE, the one that you use it in VBA fomrs.


So


Add items to it using the property ';ListFill Range'; and you can also assign a cell to get the selected item in ';LinkedCell';





You don't have other that these two drop-down lists in Excel.





Trust me, I am the VBAXLMan
  • skin problems
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment